Wednesday 18 March 2015

MAC-neficiant Days

Where would I be without my Mac cosmetics? I was told by a professional make-up artist "You have a lot of make-up for a white girl!!!" Indeed, I do purchase a ton of product but without proper application it's useless.

So two of my best friends and I booked ourselves a educational class with Sen Studio's in Edmonton, Alberta. We spent two hours with the super talented, Sunita Sumaru, professional make up artist. I felt like I was in the Kindergarten stage of make-up application. I was shocked on the knowledge I retained in two hours. We showed up feeling naked, with absolutely no make-up on.  I wouldn't say I graduated from make-up school that day but I definitely advanced to junior high or high school level! I assure you when we left we were glowing and radiant. I now incorporate the techniques into my daily routine.

  


Now I have discovered my make-up on so many more levels than before. I can actually post my favourite, most frequently used items. So lets begin my perspective of "must have" product.

Mac Cosemetics Custom 15 Palette
Top row (left-right): Vanilla, Cork, Shroom, Bamboo, Honesty
Middle row (left-right): Blanc Type, Soft Brown, Omega, Quarry, Deep Damson
Bottom row (left-right): All that Glitters, Brown Down, Swiss Chocolate, Kid, Copperplate
The Bolded shades are my top fav eye to create. All that glitters is a MAC STAPLE. Every girl should have this shade. 


Best Mac Paint Pot: Painterly! This is to be applied on the eyelid for prep.


Also included in this photo is my top three Fluid Line: Dip down (I use the most), black track, and blitz & glitz. I love the Mac Extremely Black False lashes mascara. The Mineralize line for concealer and powder. Margin for a blush shade. The one non Mac product I use is the Laura Mercier contour kit from Sephora. 

These are just a few suggestions. Everyone will vary on what shades look best for their skin tone. 

If you are in need of help for make-up application classes, and require advice on which shades to use I would have to direct you to the experts. They also have hair teaching classes, which will be my next step in the future. I wish that when I was growing up I had the opportunity to learn proper techniques. I think this is a perfect gift idea for any teenage girl. Having said that I have provided the link to  Sen Studio's website for more information. 


These gorgeous ladies also pair up with Katch Studio Photography. Another great local resource to check out if you are thinking about boudoir photos. 

Kat Gill: Photographer



I had the opportunity to book a Boudoir marathon with Kat Gill and this is where I was introduced to the Sen Studio team. All these gorgeous ladies are highly professional and truly talented individuals. Each one of them are inspirational. The photos speak for themselves. My boudoir photo book was my wedding gift to my husband. My idea was stolen from my best friend Jeanna, who also did a Katch boudoir marathon. My philosophy is every women should do this at least once in their life so they have images of how beautiful they are from the inside out. 

Here is one of my favourite Boudoir photos that I feel is appropriate to post on this blog. A classy, timeless photo captured by Kat. 




No comments:

Post a Comment