Sunday 29 March 2015

Embrace Pastel Blondes

The latest and greatest trending hair colour is the pastel blondes. Rose gold hair is going to be the top pastel colour trending this year.  I could not resist the urge to spontaneously transform my regular blonde into a pastel rose gold/pink blonde.

   




Enjoying spring with my new colour


I would like to give some pointers for those considering to dye their hair any pastel blonde shades. Check out your wardrobe. I found after changing my hair colour I am unable to wear a lot of my clothes as they clash with my hair. More neutral tones such as black, creme, white, grey, beige clothes are more flattering with these pastels. Too many pastel clothes with the pastel hair may leave you looking like an Easter egg.





The maintenance to keep your colour vibrant may require more visits to your hairstylist. Be aware if taking on this trend, more time and money potentially will be invested in your hair. To avoid your hair from fading quickly, hair should be washed at least every second day with fairly cool water. Hot water fades hair faster. So it may be in your interest to purchase a dry shampoo product. Another trick is to add colour to your conditioner in the shower.

I use Davines products and love this dry shampoo!


If you come from a small town, or less cultured environment get ready for some "hard stares" by people in the community. I think I frightened some of my patients. One elderly patient of mine had a huge smile on his face. I questioned him "Are you laughing at my hair?" He responded "Yes." Remember not all people are into fashion and you will get some rude comments here and there, but don't let it discourage your sense of style. I embraced the laughter with my patient, and respected his perspective. We are in a different era and not all people will share your love for new trends.



I am loving my hair currently and pondering what I will do next. I'm thinking a lilac blonde as it is my second favourite pastel blonde. I may need to re-build my wardrobe with more neutral shades if I continue my pastel journey for months to come.

  

Comment below and post your Pastel Hairstyle. I would love to see the newsfeed fill  up with glorious pastels for the spring season!

Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment